Happy November! Crisp clear weather, falling leaves, and earlier sunsets. Don’t forget to set your clocks back for the end of Daylight Savings Time before 2am on Sunday, November 7th.
Here at our little bookstore that’s bigger on the inside, we’ve finished celebrating spooky season and are moving towards cozier indoor pursuits. But you can still find some good deals outdoors! Our Sidewalk Sale carts will remain outside our doors in temperate weather between now and December 1st, or between now and the first snowfall, whichever comes first, before they move back indoors full-time for the Winter months.
We continue to monitor everything related to COVID-19 and are complying with the latest regulations regarding safety and capacity. The City of Worcester has mandated that facemasks be worn in all public indoor spaces, and thus we must ask that all customers and employees be masked while shopping and working at ABSW. This means that we will be severely limiting our plans for in-store events.
- Spinning Yarns remains on hiatus until Spring 2022.
- The Rainbow Readers Book Group *will* next meet here on Saturday, November 13th at 6pm, but will be limited to ten persons. Please RSVP on their Facebook page.
- Our annual DOCTOR WHO celebration will now be virtual rather than in-person. Details are still forthcoming, but we have timeslots scheduled from Saturday, November 20th through Tuesday, November 23rd.
- We are finalizing arrangements for an in-person presentation by the Worcester Mineral Club for Small Business Saturday on November 27, 2021.
November is a month in which we give thanks, in which we support those who are attempting the goal of completing 50,000 words in the annual National Novel Writing Month event, and in which we mark the 59th anniversary of the world’s longest-running science fiction series. Our November publisher specials reflect this:
- OUR TABLE by Peter H. Reynolds
- GAME ON: TEMPTING TWENTY-EIGHT by Janet Evanovich
- GO TELL THE BEES THAT I AM GONE by Diana Gabaldon
- THE BRIDES OF MARACOOR by Gregory Maguire
- ON WRITING by Stephen King
- THE SENTENCE by Louise Erdrich
- BAGGAGE by Alan Cumming
- T IS FOR TARDIS by Adam Howling
This month’s specials are priced at 42% off retail prices.
We continue to monitor the worrying state of the global supply chain due to the pandemic. The transit of books from printer to publishers to distributors and wholesalers to bookstores has been impacted just like every other shipped commodity. We here at ABSW appreciate the patience of our customers in dealing with these unprecedented delays; know that we’re continuing to work to get titles onto our shelves and into your hands as fast as we can.
With this in mind, we want to remind our friends and customers of four VERY important dates regarding our mail order service. Details can be found at http://anniesbooksworcester.com/MailOrder.html
- Friday, November 5th is the last day where we can safely assure that mail order titles will arrive at their destinations within the continental United States for Hanukkah by Wednesday, November 24th. Hanukkah starts this year on Sunday, November 28th.
- Friday, November 12th is the last day where we can safely assure that special order titles will arrive in our hands for in-person gift-giving for Hanukkah.
- Friday, November 19th is the last day where we can safely assure that special order titles will arrive in our hands for in-person gift-giving for Christmas Eve on Friday, December 24th.
- Friday, November 26th is the last day where we can safely assure that mail order titles will arrive at their destinations within the continental United States for Christmas by Thursday, December 23rd.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? Are you a subscriber? You won’t want to miss our fresh content!
Did you know we have dedicated playlists of our author interviews, readings, and Q & A sessions, organized by genre? Take a stroll and give a listen to our many special guests, and please help us spread the word about these wonderful creators!
We have also launched a TikTok channel! Join us at https://www.tiktok.com/@anniesbookstop and sample our daily offerings under #booktok.
Thank you, as always, for making our shelves your destination.
—-Patty and the staff of Annie’s Book Stop of Worcester / Tower Books