The new arrivals this week are again following the pattern of many more non-fiction books than fiction or genre books. Memoirs/biographies top the list, but with a bit of a twist:
- INTO THE INFERNO: A PHOTOGRAPHER’S JOURNEY INTO CALIFORNIA’S MEGAFIRES AND FALLOUT by Stuart Palley is actually a book of photographs, but it is still a memoir of the author’s time spent in the fires.
- FINDING ME: A MEMOIR by Viola Davis is an actual memoir of the actress, who is originally from Rhode Island.
- THE PALACE PAPERS: INSIDE THE HOUSE OF WINDSOR–THE TRUTH AND THE TURMOIL by Tina Brown can be considered world history, but it is really a biography of the Windsor family.
- OFF WITH MY HEAD: THE DEFINITIVE BASIC B*TCH HANDBOOK TO SURVIVING ROCK BOTTOM by Stassi Schroeder is a humorous autobiography of one of the stars of the hit Bravo TV series Vanderpump Rules.
People seem to think that food is important. 😊 Well, this week’s selections certainly prove that the palate is primary. We have the following cookbooks to help those who wish to improve their culinary skills:
- GOOD EATS: THE FINAL YEARS by Alton Brown. What more can I say? This is the fourth and last volume of his Good Eats cookbooks.
- GULLAH GEECHEE HOME COOKING: RECIPES FROM THE MATRIARCH OF EDISTO ISLAND by Emily Meggett. Edisto Island is one of the Sea Islands of coastal South Carolina and Georgia, and the inhabitants of these islands represent the traditional culture, language, and foodways of their West African ancestors. Meggett’s Gullah food is rich and flavorful, though it is also often lighter and more seasonal than other types of Southern cooking.
Mysteries/thrillers are still very popular. There are two of them in this week’s New Arrivals:
- ONE OF US IS DEAD by Jeneva Rose. Which character in the city of Buckhead will survive, and which one will die? Find out in this revenge thriller.
- CITY ON FIRE by Don Winslow. Two criminal empires rule New England.
For those of you who like historical fiction, there is:
THE GOOD LEFT UNDONE: A NOVEL by Adrian Trigiani is about three generations of Tuscan artisans with one remarkable secret.
Last but not least, we have a paranormal romance by Christine Feehan, who has done an Author Spotlight for Annie’s Book Stop of Worcester, in which she talks about her latest book. To view the spotlight, go to: anniesbookstopworcester.blog/2022/04/22/author-spotlight-friday-christine-feehan/.
SHADOW FIRE (A SHADOW RIDERS NOVEL BOOK 7) by Christine Feehan (Paranormal Romance)
As always, thank you for making our shelves your destination